RaceStation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RaceStation
RaceStation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazil GP (Decisions & Penalties)

+3
TheRaging Speedster
rob-lee77
brianjohnson43 (GP2 Mod)
7 posters

Go down

Brazil GP (Decisions & Penalties) Empty Brazil GP (Decisions & Penalties)

Post by brianjohnson43 (GP2 Mod) Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Please post below....
brianjohnson43 (GP2 Mod)
brianjohnson43 (GP2 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Brazil GP (Decisions & Penalties) Empty Re: Brazil GP (Decisions & Penalties)

Post by rob-lee77 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:32 pm

paul vs woody 1hour 10mins 50secs:
paul was unhappy about being stuck behind the force india,it was clear he was frustrated,this prompted some banter between the 2 drivers but nothing serious but I did tell the drivers to calm down.
1hour 11min 05secs
there is contact where paul in the Williams hits the force india,i felt the Williams accelerated into the force india but I did not state I felt it was intentional,i said it was poor driving and on my screen there definetly was contact which paul denied.
1hour 11min 37secs
I believe paul destroys his car on purpose.
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Brazil GP (Decisions & Penalties) Empty stewards incident log and analysis

Post by rob-lee77 Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:20 pm

lap 35 44mins turn 1 incident
paul vs Raging speedster aka gamerguy
I felt gamerguy was at fault here,it appears to me that the Williams car intends to leave him enough room to take the inside line but the Mercedes driver fails to slow down early enough to compensate for having to take a tighter line and the Mercedes does not turn in early enough resulting in contact.

lap 19 24mins 5secs
nyfan vs raging speedster aka gamerguy
gamerguy just brakes to late and slightly touches nyfan,he does eventually wait for nyfan,gamerguy says e didn't touch nyfan,but has not provided replay evidence.
gamerguy does avoid a time penalty as he waited for nyfan to repass.
I highlight this contact as gamerguy has had several incidents this season and 2 in this race.

Stewards Warning to paulric82
the stewards understand that drivers can get frustrated whilst racing,just remember to watch yourlanguage towards the steward and other drivers in future.
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRaging Speedster Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:08 am

TheRaging Speedster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:45 am

FiA decisions:

Paulric82 - Various incidents: PaulRic has been found guilty of 3 incidents on lap 55 of the Brazilian GP. Causing 2 collisions with Woody in the Force India & for purposely destroying his car at the end of lap 55.

As it's the end of the season, it's very hard to provide the appropriate penalty in this scenario. So the decision the FiA have made is that Paulric82 will begin next season on -25 points.

Paul hasn't denied that his driving on Friday was completely out of order and appalling track behaviour.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:31 am

Gamerguy is to receive a suspended points deduction penalty, which will cover the first 2 races he participates in next season. Our reasoning is that we feel the incidents he was involved in were his fault.

As always, anyone who has received a penalty have a right to appeal.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by paulric82 Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:23 am

I wana appeal

paulric82

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-lee77 Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:31 am

please state why you think the decision is wrong and provide any further evidence and the decision will be looked at again.
Just to further comment as an individual member of the fia group,destroying a car on purpose is the worst offence a driver can commit and carries a mandatory race ban,speaking as a steward im convinced you hit woody on purpose before you destroyed your car.When I pointed you to my judgement on the situation you never at one point denied it,why fia are convinced you hit the force india is the way you accelerated into him after initially applying the brakes.Ive seen that a qualy ban has been recommended but as I stated earlier destroying a car carries a mandotary one race ban,Destroying a car on purpose shows bad sportsmanship and can ruin other drivers races,if someone doing this brings out a safety car or not is irrelevant and will not be taken into consideration if appealed.What will be considered is the amount of points deducted or the punishment be changed to a race ban for the first race next season.

Last edited by rob-lee77 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRaging Speedster Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:37 am

For which incident?

TheRaging Speedster

Back to top Go down

Post by paulric82 Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Pen is way to harsh. We will be on a new game with a new start and a fresh challenge and ill be punished for something i did on a different game. How that fair?

paulric82

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsarmpit666 Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:10 pm

hes got a point there rob,,woody was not racing with us the hole way thruogh gp4 came in last min,,a little rethink is needed,,never seen paul do that b4,,must have pissed him of big style
devilsarmpit666
devilsarmpit666

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-lee77 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 pm

no further comment,destroying a car on purpose shows no respect for the site rules,the steward his fellow racers.You cant crash a car because someones annoyed,thats a crazy thing to say in my opinion.the 1st time someone does this is one time too many devil.
In closing the decision will be looked at again hopefully before weekend because I don't want this issue to drag out,im going to lock the topic now as others are getting themselves involved and its gonna become and endless debate and this section is for decisions.
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdave235 Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Further to Robs comment, Paul's actions during a race are unacceptable from any driver during a league race, that i believe is not disputed by anyone.

I understand why you believe a punishment should only affect this seasons championship, however this posed us a problem. Penalties are applied to drivers in order for them to realize their mistakes so they wont repeat them in future. The only way we could have applied a penalty to the current season that would have been effective would have been to deduct so many points that it would have removed your championship. However this would have been unfair, but doing anything else would have been totally meaningless.

We could have given you a suspended race ban for next season, but again this would have been meaningless because it would only come into effect if you crashed out during a race again, for which you would receive an instant 2 race ban anyway (in accordance with the new regulations).

So we had a difficult situation, one which we had not faced before. We needed to give you a penalty commensurate with the serious nature of your offences which would make you think about your actions. Taking points away from you this season would not achieve that, so we did what we did in the hope you will take responsibility for your conduct.
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down